Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
track EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
track EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
track EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
track EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
track EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
track EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
track EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

track

Go down 
+13
HEAVYCHEVY01
GVilleGator1
Budracing
Razpewton
watchfuli
Mrs Beavis
Budweisergirl55
john114
Donahue Motorsports8
ricky 11
Doshracing
Shorti
CornDog34
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CornDog34
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
CornDog34

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-03

track Empty
PostSubject: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 am

so i am not bashing the track, but when there are tractor tires half way up the race track due to water.. why run a race? especially when there's only 20 cars in he pits.. i am a little confused about the rules, can someone help me out here..

Section I
13. Trying to create a yellow by spinning out on purpose or stalling anywhere on the track surface to have more time will be automatic one lap penalty.

Section V
31. Intentionally crashing or ramming at any time during the race event will not be tolerated. Driver will be disqualified, fined $100.00 minimum, suspended 1 week, and/or permanently banned at the discretion of Putnam County Speedway officials.

32. Any car causing two yellow or red flags or any combination thereof will be disqualified from that race. It is the discretion of the flagman as to who is penalized in a yellow or red flag. Any car that is not competitive, off the pace, excessively being lapped, or considered dangerous to the race in progress can be black flagged.

Did these apply last night....?
Back to top Go down
Shorti
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-10-24

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 am

Dont know how the officials couldnt see this happening last night. Seems to happen often out there without consequences to the drivers. Seems like the rules should apply to ALL drivers not just the ones that the officials decide to apply them to....
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 pm

It is the discretion of the flagman as to who is penalized in a yellow or red flag....I think that line right there kind od tells the story.....how do you expect to get consistent calls when a 16-year-old is in the flag stand? I think Larry should go back to the flag stand and Brandon should either go to the backstretch or just get in the tow truck.....as he is the only one who seems to be able to operate it with any speed....lol
Back to top Go down
ricky 11
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-26

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:56 pm

the track was not ready.it really sucks when its that wet in the pits to.i seen a couple cars slide right off the ramps with all the mud back there.TO ME ITS SIMPLE IF THE TRACK IS NOT READY DONT RACE.
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-22

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:29 pm

ricky 11 wrote:
the track was not ready.it really sucks when its that wet in the pits to.i seen a couple cars slide right off the ramps with all the mud back there.TO ME ITS SIMPLE IF THE TRACK IS NOT READY DONT RACE.

DUDE...... YA NEED TO LEARN TO ADAPT TO TRACK CONDITIONS { I HAVE SEEN IT WORSE } THE TRACK WAS LOOSE BUT MANAGEABLE OTHER THEN THE DIP GOING INTO TURN 3 WITCH HAS BEEN THERE OFF AND ON FOR YEARS.......

DOSH, I HAVE SEEN WORSE FLAGMAN AT PCS, THE YOUNG MAN HAS POTENTIAL TO BE A GOOD FLAG MAN IF GIVEN THE TIME TO LEARN AND BE STERN!!!!! SOME CALLS WERE GOOD WHILE OTHERS WERE QUESTIONABLE. BUT IF HE WAS GIVEN THE TIME HE WILL MAKE A GOOD ONE WHERE EVER HE GOES.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't think it is at all fare to put this on Brandon at all. He did what he was suppose to do in our race. He can't make anyone drive any different then they plan on driving and he threw the black flag and did his job. Everyone keeps throwing him under the bus and blaming him for everything just because he's young. It's not right. He will go to bat for anyone out there that is in the right and tell you if you're in the wrong too. Also, a clarification, he is not 16, he is 17. Not that it makes much of a difference but whatever. Age is not always that much of a factor for everyone. He is a good kid and does a great job out there. We have had way worse flagmen up there in the past and anyone who has raced there for a while can agree....... The track was def. wet but it wasn't as bad as it has been at times. I thought it was better than having big huge holes and nasty ruts like other times. I made some adjustments and made it work and it wasn't abrupt hard hitting holes ripping tires off and tearing up suspension. JMO and two cents for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I understand that brandon is a good KID....i just dont think it is right to have someone that young "in charge" of what is happening.....its pretty sad...i have been around racing longer then he has been alive....its just my opinion that you shouldnt have an inexpirienced person flagging.....he has what...maybe 5 races under his belt....JMO
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 am

I DON;T THINK AGE SHOULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT...... ASLONG AS HE IS FAIR ACROSS THE BOARD, AND FOLLOWS THE RULES SET FORTH IN THE RULE BOOK. IF HE DOES THAT THE DRIVERS WILL LEARN TO RESPECT HIM. BUT WITH ONLY WHAT 20 CARS I DON'T THINK THIS WILL LAST TO LONG ANYHOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Budweisergirl55
Track Winner
Track Winner
Budweisergirl55

Number of posts : 150

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 am

It's easy to see what the problem is here.
Grown men can't stand to take orders from a teenager! Guess what? Get over it! Because Brandon does a hell of a better job than that woMAN that use to be the flagger!!!

It doesn't matter if Brandon is 16, 17 or 40, he is learning to do a job and yall should be glad you even HAVE a flagger! PCS ran out of options and Brandon was there to help out.
If you cut down trees for a living and you get an offer to be a astronaut, do you think you are just going to be able to jump in that space ship and fly to the moon? I don't think so. Give the kid a chance!

Guess what? It doesn't matter HOW you saw the incodent happen, all that matters is how the flagman saw it happen.

Yall are lucky you even have a track to race at.
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 pm

you go girl.lol well put. I don't get the whole thing about needing an experienced flag man. Was Larry, Richard, David, or any other flagger born a flagger or did they start somewhere and get the experience. How is he going to be experienced if he isn't up there and getting more races under his belt. Also last i checked he is young but he is human so he is going to make mistakes now at 17 and later when he is 30, 40, 50, and on and on. Get over it guys
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 pm

I guess this is the northerner in me...but our track staff always worked there way up...working corners for years before getting handed the flags and all the responsibility....I havent seen Brandon do anything bad yet...and i know everyone makes mistakes....but I guess I am use to "real racing" with the pits full of cars and such and I am just not use to the southern laid back style of racing....heres a question...the 7H car stopped on the track after being black flagged....did anything ever come of that?....i know most tracks if you stop on the track to argue a call most of the time you end up suspended from that track for at least 2 weeks.....these are things I wonder about when i am getting ready to bring my car out to the track...what rules are being enforced tonight....now i am just babbling...i will shut up now....lol...,.i am sorry to have offended everyone....I was just staing my opinions...
Back to top Go down
Mrs Beavis
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-07-25

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Dosh I read the rules and the car that was black flagged and purposely crashing into 114 should have/could have had fines put against him as well as suspension or banning from the track. I havent heard if anything came from it. If nothing happened against the 7h its probably because they dont want to be down one more car.....
Back to top Go down
watchfuli

Number of posts : 2

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm

that was not the first time that 7h was black flagged. last year he was a bomber black flagged for the some reason. it was the race that richard nunn from channel 4 was there, his girlfriend got upset when the call was happened. she came out of the stands and said something to the s&s group, which caused a little fight in the stands. i think the only reason he tried to explain his view is because it was a different flagger.
Back to top Go down
Budweisergirl55
Track Winner
Track Winner
Budweisergirl55

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 pm

Doshracing wrote:
I guess this is the northerner in me...but our track staff always worked there way up...working corners for years before getting handed the flags and all the responsibility....I havent seen Brandon do anything bad yet...and i know everyone makes mistakes....but I guess I am use to "real racing" with the pits full of cars and such and I am just not use to the southern laid back style of racing....

Oh trust me Dosh, I know where you are coming from. I lived up north in PA for half my life and still return to visit each year. It amazes me how much racing is different up there than it is down here. I'm not going to say to much because this topic has been started before and it ended up causing a big pissing match. Let's just say..Most people don't know how a REAL race track should be run/operated until you've been to a track up north with 120-150 cars in the pits on any given night with beer in the back of just about everyones Haulers. And the best part about it is, NO SECURITY! Not because they can't afford it. But because it ISN'T NEEDED!
$15 to get in the pits and $7 to get in the stands. Very Happy

Fun Fun!

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
CornDog34
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
CornDog34

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-03

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 pm

its basically as simple as this, brandon is not the point of this topic, the point is that being a driver, i know exactly what 114 and 7H was thinking. this is how i perceive this incident so it may be wrong, but this is what i think...........on i think it was like lap 8 or 9 in turn one the 7h bumpeed 114 to let him know he was there. with the track being in such $hi^ shape it offset the 114 car causing him to be low on the back stretch, with that god dang tractor tire in the turns the 114 had to jerk to avoid it, into the 7h, that he didnt know was there. **fun fact-- as a driver if you arent at the guy's/girl's door and he/she cant see you, back off-** so then down the front straight the 7h got pissed off and rammed the piss out of the 114 thus dq-ing himself, and dewheeling the 114.

but lets back up. laps before the 7h had a flat and went in. after the restart he came back out onto the track got to turn 1 and stopped. (the flagman cant watch everything but you got pit stewards, and tow truck drivers, and clarence... ) thus he should have been a lap down, on the next restart he went up through the cars out of turn two. by the time the 114-leader- and the 7h got to turn four there was a caution.. if the rules would have been observed by all the partied the 7h shouldnt have been behind the 114 on the next restart becasue he was a lap down, to the back he should have been, and this would of never happened.

by the way, flaggin is harder than it looks so the age has nothing to do with it, i was 16 when i won my first race and championship, becasue of my age i shouldnt be out there? age has nothing to do with anything, its skill and competency. myself the only things i see brandon can improve on is his "two-to-go" signal and how he controls the lights.
Back to top Go down
Razpewton
Track Winner
Track Winner
Razpewton

Number of posts : 205

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Ya know.....this is starting to sound like fun!!! Could I race next week?? I don't have a car, but I think I see 2 or 3 empty ones in the back!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!!!

track Bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.razpewton.com
Budracing
Budracing

Number of posts : 239

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm

lol raz your a nut case lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 pm

pretty close Jamie but he rammed me in 3and 4 then on the straight, then going into turn one twice and the second time took my tire right off the rim. Oh well. Maybe next time he comes out there we'll be able to race CLEAN AND I'LL BEAT HIM FARE AND SQUARE. I'd love the chance to take him on one on one CLEAN. With all rules in play and no bull s#*t. He robbed me of my win and that pisses me off and only because of the way he did it.
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 pm

HEY JOHN.....THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA!!!! ONE ON ONE, LET THE BEST MAN WIN!!!!!! TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING I WILL GIVE 100.00 TO THE WINNER cheers cheers cheers

ANYONE WANTA UP THE PURSE Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Budweisergirl55
Track Winner
Track Winner
Budweisergirl55

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:34 am

That's probably the most money the drivers have been given all year. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last time we raced at PCS, they ran the Hobby's, Sportsman, and Late Models together(Total of like 9 cars) and they paid $100 for first, $50 for second and $25 for third. Couldn't tell ya what the rest of the field got. But I can't imagine it was very much, if anything at all!!

Good luck John, I'm sure you will get the 7h next time, as long as he mans up and decides to race you clean. Just think of it this way, the only way the 7h could win was to wreck you. I bet he feels real manly about himself right now. Smile

The same thing happened to Timmy 2 weeks ago at NFS, that moron in the 10x that wrecks everybody, drove right up into Timmy's driver door going into turn 3. We were told from the owners that action was going to be taken against him. But no word on if anything really happened. He should be banned, being how that was probably the 8th or 10th time this year that he has wrecked into someone and one of these days, he's going to hurt someone VERY seriously. As will the 7h if action isnt taken against him.

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Razpewton
Track Winner
Track Winner
Razpewton

Number of posts : 205

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

Donahue Motorsports8 wrote:
HEY JOHN.....THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA!!!! ONE ON ONE, LET THE BEST MAN WIN!!!!!! TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING I WILL GIVE 100.00 TO THE WINNER cheers cheers cheers

ANYONE WANTA UP THE PURSE Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't have a dog in this fight, but count me in for $50.

I'll sandblast a beer mug for the winner too. And if it's on a night I can make it, I'll come down and take pictures.

How about it, Putnam County Speedway.......up for a
GRUDGE MATCH??

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!!

Beer mug will look like this.....

track Bm2
Back to top Go down
http://www.razpewton.com
GVilleGator1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-19

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow. It Humors me how people try to know what there talking about when they dont even have a Clue ! First off, the 7h was not the same driver that was in the Bomber ( Formerly known as Box Stock ) That was his Little Brother ( who raced his Big Brothers car ( 7h) in the Hobbys with Kevin Mills and others ! thats why the car was out there. It is not illegal ! and second, the night that his Little brother got blacked flagged in the bomber was total BULL !!! and the Reason there was a fight is because people dont know how to keep there mouths shut and be respectful as we seen again last week ! ( Number 65- white and 114- BLUE Cough * ) becuase one old Fart in the stands said something to his LIL Brothers MOM ! and it was very Voulger and so she cussed him back. then out of no where came this Crazy woman acting like Tarzan jumping out of a Tree onto Her Daughter that did nothing wrong but stuck up for her mother ( which she was 17 at the time ) and thats what started all that ! Okay....Now lets get onto last week....after the pure stock race was over The 7H driver was talking to clearence and all of the sudden came the 114 crew...all females....calling the 7h driver C***Sucker and F this F that and just jumping into buisness that they had no Buisness in. Very Disrespectful people...Tisk..tisk...tisk ! and the only reason the 7h stoped on the track to make a caution is because the 114 blew his tire which made him go in the pits to get changed ( But i guess CLEARENCE Cough* idiot Cough* didnt catch ) so he stopped. got caught up and went on bout his buisness. so then when he caught the 114, He couldnt see a thing bc all the smoke that was coming off his car and thats why he rammed him accedental !! and bc he braked checked him like a Idiot. Now if any of yall were in the meeting with the 7h and clearance you would know that clearance said who should have won the race and who was wrong and it deff was not the 7h ! so please ppl, before you go talking about ppl, Go race at a real track and not a broke down peice of crap. That is Ran by a Broke donw Peice of Crap. K. Thank you have a Blessed Day !!!
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:55 pm

first things first... My car was smoking yes, but no where near enough to cause him not to see. He rammed me more than once and I never brake checked him at all. My foot was no where near the brakes.

two.... the white 65 had nothing to do with anything at all...........

three...... when we made contact in 1 and 2 and he lost his tire, it was 100% accidental unlike what he did to me. the track was slick and my rear came up and he came down which is very clear in the video we have.

four..... I was told completely different at the end of the night on who was in the right and who was in the wrong.

five.... the 7H driver had choice words for my family who was going to congratulate the 65 driver on his 1st win. Also, if you were there then you saw and heard me tell them to shut their mouths. If you are going to tell a story tell it right.

And to wrap it all up, you seem to be pretty damn lost on what happened on the track and all. I feel I was robbed but shit happens. From what I can see both situations with the 7h drivers is supposedly everyone elses fault from the way you tell it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thats funny...... I would love the chance to throw all this out the window and have a rematch but 100% clean like I said before and don't worry it will be smoke free. Just take it for what it is...... He got pissed because we got into each other and he lost a tire and came back and hit me back. The problem is what I did was a racing incodent and what he did was just plain wrong all 4 or 5 times he rammed my car. Also, he said it wasn't that hard of a hit. lol why is my bumper smashed to hell, my trunk bent, my fuel cell bars busted, my bar on the rear busted off and more.

NOW THAT IS THE REAL WAY IT WENT DOWN AND I HAVE THE VIDEO THAT SHOW IT ALL INCLUDING MY CAR SLIDING UP INTO HIS IN TURN 1 AND 2. I WILL BE PUTTING IT ON YOU TUBE AND WILL LINK IT LATER. THE VIDEO IS FULL LENGTH CAUTIONS AND ALL SO BE PREPARED FOR A LONG ONE....................
Back to top Go down
Shorti
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 141

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 am

I was there that night and have nothing to do with either drivers so I will tell it like it was. John 114 was absolutely in the RIGHT The way I saw it was the 7h got a flat tire, was told to get off the track to fix it but wouldnt. Finally he did get off the track, came back out with a vengenace against the 114 and started ramming him. John your post was 100 percent accurate in everything you said. The 65 car should have never been brought up in the post before Johns, he had nothing to do with what was between the 114 and 7h. The 114 was doing some smoking but it was no where near enough to cause the bumping that 7h was doing, that was so intentional that for anyone to believe otherwise,makes them an idiot. John dont hold your breath on the clean rematch,some drivers cant help but race dirty.
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 pm

thanks shorti. I'm just glad that the people know what really happened because I don't want the rep of a dirty racer. The factor of Bobbie Giles in the 65 probably came in because of me going out to be in the pic with him when he won. Him and his family are some of the nicest people out there and there is no need to bring them into this. Bobbie has helped ma and I have helped him and I conscider him a good friend that I met through racing. LEAVE HIM AND HIS FAMILY OUT OF THIS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

track Empty
PostSubject: Re: track   track Empty

Back to top Go down

track
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next