Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
same old track EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
same old track EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
same old track EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
same old track EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
same old track EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
same old track EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
same old track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
same old track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
same old track EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
same old track EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

same old track

Go down 
+7
Budka64
Donahue Motorsports8
Buddy
DENISE424
Ms. Tonya
Beavis
madmike315
11 posters
AuthorMessage
madmike315

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-23

same old track Empty
PostSubject: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 am

The question was, how will the new clay hold up? well I think the question was answerd yeterday. the track conditions were terriable huge hole in turns 1-2 the front stretch had one groove if you went down to far to the inside of the front stretch you would end up getting stuck or just spinning your tires or tearing something off your car. I think it's safe to say the track was not in the best of racing condition.
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 pm

No it was not the best condition, But you have to remember ho w much rain they got the day before and had to tear the track all up to get the water out of it.. Give him a chance..everyone can see he is trying out there and I am sure that he had noticed the track condition at the race too.. I was out there the day before the race and the track was soaked... Weeks before they could not get enough water and now just figures the day before they get alot of rain... The man is trying and that is more than the last 2 have done
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
Ms. Tonya

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-03

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Sean I have to agree with you on that one. They got a whole lot of rain on friday. Give him a chance he once was a race car driver himself so I am sure he will make sure the track is in top racing condition by the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
DENISE424
Rookie
Rookie
DENISE424

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-08-02

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm

I agree aswell with Sean & Tonya, Randy was there friday the day before the race,it was like a soup bowl with all the rain that fell and no sun or warm temps to dry it up,they worked hard getting that track dried up enough to race and continue on with the event,we have been to a couple of other area tracks where the track surface was crap also,broken shocks and suspensions and etc.....every dirt track has thier ups and downs on track conditions.The new owners are working hard & have good intentions and doing thier best to make this track succeed,and I truly beleave they will Cool
Back to top Go down
madmike315

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-23

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Hey guys I do understand that it takes a lot of work to groom and maintain a track, and the rain we had really set a lot of moisture in the clay. Satsuma is my home track and I live 5 min. from the speedway I have seen the best and worst conditions at that track. There was not enough time for the track to dry out, and not enough laps for the track to rubber up. I am glad to see Bob make a serious effort to bring racing back to satsuma. I look forward to some great racing here at my home track.
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-31

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

The rain was a blessing. The track was cut up and it rained. This is better than the water truck. The track was graded and ALL IT NEEDED WAS TO BE PACKED. Worst case he should have had all the track vehicles on the track and the grader packing. After a couple of hours, he could have taken the grader and started at the bottom and graded up to the top removing 4" to 6" if it was still loose. He should have at least graded the track before the Modified race. It is apparent that he does not know haow to work a track and does not have anybody to show him......And from what I saw this weekend, he had some of the same Ignorant people working the track as Officials as Hal did. And we all know what a disaster that was. I heard that United Dirt Latemodels will be there opening night. I can tell you they will not race on the garbage surface from this saturday..........I really want Bob to do good. I want to race there this year. But I will not with sorry track conditions. I left after the mod race so I missed any bad calls but I am not surprised........ I belive Bob would have been better off canceling the race if he does not have a packer. Sad
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-22

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 pm

I'M LIKE YALL, I THINK IT WILL BE OK WHEN THEY GET AHOLD OF IT. THEY NEED A WAY TO PACK IT DOWN WEATHER IT BE WIDE TIRED CARS OR A ROLLER. IT WAS LOOSE FROM THE GIT-GO, THERE FOR IT'S GONNA COME APART. BUT THEN I REMEMBER ANOTHER TRACK THAT HAS DONE THE SAMETHING...... SEE YALL ON THE 12TH cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
Budka64
Rookie
Rookie
Budka64

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-06-19

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Just talked to Bob,he's working on packer car(s) for the track....
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-31

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:36 pm

he needs a wobble wheel packer with weight in it. Unless car weigh 8000 pounds they are not woking the track. Just the surface
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Only time will really tell. I think he is going to make us all happy with a little time. He has already done a lot out there and seems to have plans and stuff to do a lot more. We'll be there showing our support on the track as long as we get a new motor put together after we tore up ours and if not we'll be there hanging out and supporting that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Dean-x

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-24

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

They need to get rid of the inside wall or atleast move it in a little in the turns seems like it really narrows the track when the cars are coming off of turn 4.
Back to top Go down
Xtreme Racing

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-30

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 am

I agree the track was horrible but we as a team talked about it and have all said we need to wait and see what happens we need to give the new owner a chance to work out the bugs. Only time will tell us if things will be different we will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Tonya

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-03

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 am

I am posting in a drivers point of view here. I agree witn xtreme racing. This track has not been taken care of like it should. It was left a total mess by Clarence. Bob and Ingrid is doing there best to get it back where this track deserves to be. The best thing to do is voice your concerns and questions to the new owners. Don't come on here and criticise them. When they took ownership of the track to give a place to race and have fun. Just my opinion as a drivers point of view.
Back to top Go down
dirt digler

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-06

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm

They need to get a pull behind packer, water and pack all day until hot laps start Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

same old track Empty
PostSubject: Re: same old track   same old track Empty

Back to top Go down

same old track
Page 1 of 1