Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
The track needs help EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
The track needs help EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
The track needs help EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
The track needs help EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
The track needs help EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
The track needs help EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
The track needs help EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
The track needs help EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
The track needs help EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
The track needs help EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

The track needs help

Go down 
+5
BJ Cavin
Budracing
john114
Beavis
steveandjess2008
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steveandjess2008
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
steveandjess2008

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-31

The track needs help Empty
PostSubject: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 am

We have to say that the track was horrible tonight. man what happened to the nice slick track that we were playing on at first.

steve and jess #88 4-clyinder bombers
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:57 am

Not sure if it had anything to do with the rain we got during the week, But it sure was not like it was the past 4 to 5 weeks in a row. I hope that was the only reason for being in bad shape tonight was the recent rain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:00 am

I just hope it's better for next week
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Budracing
Budracing

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:27 am

i dont know what it was but i hope it gets better
Back to top Go down
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:56 am

Some folks might see this as a slam, but its not. It is just an honest assessment of the situation. The bottom line is that the clay at PCS is far beyond its use by date. The stuff needs to be bulldozed up and totally replaced with quality gumbo clay, but that ain't happening right now due to the expense involved. But even so, roughness adds character, and if you think the tracks around here are rough, then take a tour up north and see what the dirt trackers race on.

Even with the situation as it is with the clay, the conditions at Putnam were not nearly as bad as they were at Ocala just a couple or weeks ago, and I have seen Volusia get as rough as a cob as well. If you want to race on a baby's butt, then go get you some Goodyears and race on asphalt.

Part of what makes a skilled dirt racer is the ability to adapt to changing track conditions that may be totally different from week to week, or even between heats and features. Dry slick one week may be sloppy wet the next, and smooth as glass might be a bombing range the next. Track conditions are determined by the week's weather, moisture content, and other variables, and the track crew works with those variables in order to provide a surface to race on, so don't blame them. Skilled racers will win despite the conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/beejishere
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:43 am

I would have to say the track conditions must have been my fault.....lol...I was not there, and everytime I dont show up somethng bad happens....first time I missed Jumpin Jim flipped his truck, 2nd time I missed 17D hits the wall, 23 hits the walls bombers race gets shortened, and now the 3rd time I miss the track apparently didnt hold up....sorry about that guys.....lol...my car is just about done and then I shouldn't be missing too many more.....lol
Back to top Go down
KarenB94
Rookie
Rookie
KarenB94

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:07 pm

and if you think the tracks around here are rough, then take a tour up north and see what the dirt trackers race on.

Yeah, they race on dirt not sand.
Back to top Go down
steveandjess2008
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
steveandjess2008

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Just to make sure everyone knows actually what we were talking about was the big holes. not the wetness or the clay. dont know how much exprience you need to drive threw 2 foot holes.

Steve and jess #88 4-clyinder bombers
Back to top Go down
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:09 pm

steveandjess2008 wrote:
Just to make sure everyone knows actually what we were talking about was the big holes. not the wetness or the clay. dont know how much exprience you need to drive threw 2 foot holes.

Steve and jess #88 4-clyinder bombers

On the first night that we raced during Winternationals at Ocala, the track turned into a bombing range. In fact, some of the holes were several feet across and over 12 inches deep. Drivers from both the O'Reilly Circuit of Champions, and the World of Outlaws, who raced on that track that night commented that the condition of the track was not that bad. In fact, they considered it to be quite smooth compared to some. NOTHING I have ever seen at Putnam (including the craters from last season) compared with the condition that Ocala was in that night and yet the top sprint car racers in the entire world thought it was an acceptable surface. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/beejishere
joanintr

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 pm

\ to ; b. j. cavin : going up north means north florida speedway.
check it out . i came from way up north and i know the difference between chicken soup and chicken s- - - - this place is junk and junk is what you're trying to sell. obama served up a bunch of junk and a lot of ignorant suckers bought it and now they're going to pay for it . this is about racing, so don't try to make excuses because like i said i've been coming to this track off and on for 22 yrs. most racers know track conditions change with the elements and they don't care about ocala or volusia . most of these guys and girls call this they're home track and they like it here, but it's supposed to be a race track so get to work and make it one . i'm sick of the complaining about this subject and i'll never comment about it again ,i might comment on another subject sometime but this one has had enough of every one's opinions. buy some clay Idea joanintr .
Back to top Go down
proud momma
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:08 pm

yes it dose need some work and yes it can be sloppy but at least there is a race track to call home u cant have ur cake and icing to but i do have to say this it has been better than the last few years!!!!!!!!!!!!! The clat deal is if u want it right away u pay the money to get it the economy is hard right now and it is hurting all the race tracks not just putnam but the money to buy is not there now if we can get some more of u guys to come and run at putnam it possible that clay can be put down but three street stocks and a few hobbys just wont help steve and jess i know wat ur saying ur no trying to knock the track

P.S ITS NOT THE 4CYL TEARING IT UP THO ITS WHEN PUTNAM GETS RAIN THE TRACK WONT STAY TOGETHER IT IS BUILT ON A SPRING AND ON LOW ELVATION
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The track needs help   The track needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

The track needs help
Page 1 of 1