Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
Track Announcer EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
Track Announcer EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
Track Announcer EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
Track Announcer EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
Track Announcer EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
Track Announcer EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
Track Announcer EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
Track Announcer EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
Track Announcer EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
Track Announcer EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

Track Announcer

Go down 
+7
BJ Cavin
tgunter10
BOUNTY 'HUNTER'
Doshracing
tj74racing
FG
Beavis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Putnam is look for a Track Announcer.. If you are interested please contact the track at 386-649-3010.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
FG
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
FG

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 am

What divisions are racing this week? I know the Sprints are, who else.
Back to top Go down
tj74racing
Rookie
Rookie
tj74racing

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 pm

I think the sprints are next week (3/14). I would think the lates are running and the mods are off this week......but I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
FG
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
FG

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 pm

It appears to be spectator racing!
That works for me.
Back to top Go down
BOUNTY 'HUNTER'
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

What about asking Tera Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
tgunter10
Rookie
Rookie
tgunter10

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:40 pm

I would absolutely love to announce and thanks for that vote of confidence. I had fun and enjoyed it when I filled in for Jim from time to time 3 years ago. Unfortunately, even if Clarence would have me, I wouldn't be able to do it. No

A lot of people don't know this but I only have 20% hearing; I have an 80% loss as a result of nerve damage since birth. I was just told in January that there have been significant changes, not to the percentage of loss, but to my comprehension and thresholds for certain sounds. I was told I can't afford to lose anymore hearing and warned to not expose myself anymore to the noise of racing.

For that reason, because I can't give them the commitment they deserve, I just resigned from working for the FSCA, which really hurt because I absolutely love working for that club which I've done ever since I left Putnam. Same as with so many at Putnam, the sprint racers have been wonderful to me. I will still go watch them race occasionally; sprint racing is in my blood now! But it won't be on a regular basis. And when the cars are on the track, I will have to remove my hearing aids and wear earplugs plus a noise cancelling headset.
Back to top Go down
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:38 am

Clarence called, I called back, and here I am. I am happy to be your track announcer at PCS, and I hope that nothing gets in the way of me continuing to fill that role.

Just to let everyone know, I am in the process of fixing a few problems with the sound at PCS. I have already done a little bit of re engineering, and hopefully that has made a difference. Also, you may have noticed that the radio works again. Now that it is working, I'll be making some more improvements to that as well. Its an ongoing process that I will work on week to week, and each week things should get better.

If anyone had any suggestions or comments about the announcing or any related subject, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/beejishere
Budracing
Budracing

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:16 am

can u see if there is any way to get sound in pit so we know when to lineup
Back to top Go down
speedchic529

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 am

Budracing wrote:
can u see if there is any way to get sound in pit so we know when to lineup
That is something that I am working on. Sorry to say that since I am doing this stuff out of pocket for now it may take some time to fix, so please be patient with me. I want to knock out the easy stuff first, then attack the harder problems.
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:40 pm

BJ, You should bring a better National Anthem. I was in the Marines for 4 years and the National Anthem usually brings tears to my eyes. With this version the only tears come from joy that the longest rendition is finally over....lol, not to mention the fact that I seem to be getting older and cant stand that long...lol
Back to top Go down
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Doshracing wrote:
BJ, You should bring a better National Anthem. I was in the Marines for 4 years and the National Anthem usually brings tears to my eyes. With this version the only tears come from joy that the longest rendition is finally over....lol, not to mention the fact that I seem to be getting older and cant stand that long...lol

You have a good point. Unfortunately with the system we currently use, I'm sort of limited at the moment. I have a marching band version that I could use, but that's the only other choice at present. I will loo and see what other versions I might be able to come up with. I will say this...at Ocala we tried to switch it up and use different versions and a lot of people complained.
Back to top Go down
Shorti
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 pm

BJ and everyone else,

I think the national anthem currently played at PCS is just fine, perfect actually! I do not believe it should be changed. If one can not stand for a few short minutes to honor our great country, they do not need to reside here in the good ol, USA! As with anyone on this and any site they are entitled to their opinion but remember what they say about opinions!!!
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Not being able to stand was a joke. Like I said I was in the Marines, so if you think I should not live in this country that offends me beyond belief. I was just saying that that version is very long. I was just making a statement about it becasue at the begining of the anthem everyone is quiet, by the time it gets towards the end people are starting to talk and the kids are getting restless which is why I thought a shorter version would eb better.
Back to top Go down
tgunter10
Rookie
Rookie
tgunter10

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 pm

We used to use LeAnne Rhimes' acapela version at Putnam. That one always went over real well. Very pretty and it isn't drawn out.
Back to top Go down
Budweisergirl55
Track Winner
Track Winner
Budweisergirl55

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 pm

tgunter10 wrote:
We used to use LeAnne Rhimes' acapela version at Putnam. That one always went over real well. Very pretty and it isn't drawn out.

I use to really enjoy the LeAnne Rhimes version. You're right Tera, it always went over real well and it wasn't to long and overdrawn.
I agree with Dosh, the current version is very longggg. BJ, perhaps if you are able to find a shorter version, that would be a little better. But for now, atleast the anthem is being played the way it should be!

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:08 am

I really hate to break it to you guys, but the version currently used IS the LeAnne Rhimes version! That is the only version that Putnam has at present unless someone sings it live, and I ain't singing. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 am

BJ Cavin wrote:
I really hate to break it to you guys, but the version currently used IS the LeAnne Rhimes version! That is the only version that Putnam has at present unless someone sings it live, and I ain't singing. LOL!

Come on BJ...Thats not part of the job? I was hoping to hear you sing it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
BJ Cavin
Rookie
Rookie
BJ Cavin

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 am

Like I said before, I have a version that is a marching band and is much shorter than the current version. I might throw that in and see what the reaction is.

As for me singing, that would be the absolute last resort, and even then I think I'd probably chicken out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Track Announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Announcer   Track Announcer Empty

Back to top Go down

Track Announcer
Page 1 of 1