Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd

Go down 
+4
john114
SOUTHERNGIRL03
Beavis
Budracing
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Budracing
Budracing

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd Empty
PostSubject: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Races have been cancled for nov 22 due to lack of cars
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Thank you BudRacing for getting that on here for me... Yes races were cancelled... It seems to me also that other websites are not posting the schedules and saying that there are no races scheduled for the weekend...I know of two of them right off hand but not going to get into anything starting stuff...But if you need to know anything about Putnam County Speedway just remember that this is your Official site for the track and is updated by Me and the Track... Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
SOUTHERNGIRL03
Track Winner
Track Winner
SOUTHERNGIRL03

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 9:58 pm

WE ALL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER HERE GUYS IF WE WANNA RACE THROUGH THE WINTER ... SOMETIMES WORD OF MOUTH IS GREAT SO WHEN YOU SEE THE SCHEDULE ON HERE PASS IT AROUND LETS GET THESE CARS OUT THERE AND SUPPORT OUR TRACK....I KNOW ALOT OF US HAVE MYSPACES TO SO POST BULLETINS LETS DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THE CARS OUT THERE ....
Back to top Go down
http://YOURAVON.COM/MDOWLING
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Yeah we do Southerngirl.. But it does'nt help when we have other websites post saying we don't have any races going on this weekend on both of his sites.... If he wants to support Putnam than he needs to stay up with the schedule for the track too and if not then he should just take Putnam off of his site...I think you know who I am talking about....LOL

He won't even let me post anything on his site with putnamcountyspeedway.com in it and if I do it will change my posting to .org at the end of the address by it self when I post it..So I have to put a space before the .COM....It's kinda crazy

Last edited by Beavis on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SOUTHERNGIRL03
Track Winner
Track Winner
SOUTHERNGIRL03

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 am

i understand thats why i want everyone to help with getting the word out because i am hoping for a great 09 season..... and i think with everyone passing the news around next race will be better.......
Back to top Go down
http://YOURAVON.COM/MDOWLING
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 am

When is the next race and will it def. be heald? I don't want to make the drive and waste my money to turn around and go back home again. Is there any way we can get some kind of reassurance. I hope the car counts go up and everything goes well for the track. I like racing there and think the place has a lot of potential but what happened tonight pissed me off. NOT COOL. Hope next race night goes a lot better. I will personally post up a bulletin and all that stuff t try to get some people out there. I have a myspace for a car show we do every year wit atleast 900 friends on it. There has to be a way to fill the stands. A lot of people in ST.Augustine don't even know the place is there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Razpewton
Track Winner
Track Winner
Razpewton

Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:10 am

Sad...kinda like the Pied Piper leading all the mice to the ocean cliff where they all jumped in and drowned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.razpewton.com
Randolph Scott

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Here are a couple of suggestions for keeping Putnam alive .
Track phone must be answered by a real person from 8-5 Tues. thru Sat.
Track office must be open and staffed 8-5 Tues. thru Sat .
Racers ( current racers and ones that havn't been there for awhile ) should be contacted by phone each week . Find out whos coming and find out why some aren't coming to race . DO NOT RELY ON THE INTERNET . DO IT ON THE PHONE .
I can't imagine why anyone would care about another web site . If this is the legitimate one then use it only .
Drivers and cars that normally race at Putnam should really be ashamed of themselves for showing up at any other track in Florida to race instead of Putnam .
Race for trophies or a handshake if necessary . Get rid of the egos and bring the cars to the track EVERY race night . Then you won't have cancellations for lack of cars . And by the way , the other tracks are doing their best to shut Putnam down . Why would Putnam racers and fans want to help that along ?
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:18 pm

Randolph Scott wrote:

I can't imagine why anyone would care about another web site . If this is the legitimate one then use it only .

The deal with the other website is when they are not keeping them updated and sayin that there is no racing for Nov 22nd when there is racing going on...That does not help out at all and if they don't want to help then take the site down and don't advertise them on there own site too...
Back to top Go down
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Thats a good illustration of why i think the phone is the best way to deliver information . Someone from the track needs to contact the racers every week and let them know whats going on and find out whos coming to race . If the info is coming directly from the track over the phone , then there should be no mis-understadings . Time consuming yes , but the track needs to function as a business , that means regular business hours and someone manning the phones .Personal contact with the racers means alot . And the racers need to be aware of how much efort this requires and don't tie up the track person with petty complaints or gossip .
Not to say the web site doesn't have its place . its incredible how good this site has become .
There are other web sites out there that would benefit from contact with Putnam .
Real Racin for instance . They tend to concentrate on central and north Florida tracks . Someone should feed all the info they can about the track , the schedule , the race results to these other sites as well .
Back to top Go down
Budracing
Budracing

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:27 pm

I THINK THE PHONE WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA BUT WHO HAS THE TIME TO CALL ALL THE DRIVERS IT WOULD TAKE TO LONG IF OTHER WEBSITES WOULD POST THE RIGHT STUFF IT WOULD BE OK
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:05 pm

The phone call would be cool, but as stated who would do it. He would have to have people on the payroll full time to pull this off. This would be expensive and from the way it has looked lately, the place isn't exactly pulling in a lot of profit. The man has done a lot considering the circumstances. There is also text messaging that could help a little for the people that have the ability. With texting you would be able to mass message as many people as possible with one message. Most of all they need all of us to work together and do what we can to pick it up a notch and make it what it can be.
Back to top Go down
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 6:54 am

Hard as it is to believe , there are still many racers who don't own a computer or don't spend much time on one . So web sites , and for that matter text messaging doesn't reach everyone . And right now reaching everyone is important . An extra 10 cars in the pits or an extra 50 people in the stands can make the difference .
Calling the racers each week is the oldest and most effective promoters tool in racing . If Putnam wants to survive they'll find a way to call everyone . It takes time , but could probably be done in one 8 hour day . And the racers who have left Putnam to race at other tracks probably don't pay much attention to the Putnam web site . The only way to get the racers back is to do it the hard way , not the easy way .
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 am

RACERS & FANS ALIKE NEED A BREAK......I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET 80% OF THE RACERS THAT RACE OR HAVE RACED PCS CHECK OUT THIS MESSAGE FORUM, AND THEY KNOW ABOUT THE CONFLICT BETWEEN THIS BOARD AND THE FAKE ONE, SO REGARDLESS WHAT IS ON THE OTHER ONE THAY KNOW TO LOOK HERE. THE TRACK NEEDS SOMEONE TO PROMOTE IT, NOT SIT THERE AND HOPE CARS SHOW UP, BUT THIS TIME OF YEAR GETTING CARS WILL BE HARD, BECAUSE MOST ARE LIKE US "TIRED" IT HAS BEEN A LONG HARD SEASON..... WITH THE FALLING ECONOMY TEAMS NEED TIME TO RECOUPE FUNDS FOR 09. PSC NEEDS TO BACK UP AND REGROUP IT SELF, THE PLACE HAS ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED BEFORE THEY HAVE A 09 SEASON, BIG THING BEING CLAY, AND DO SOME RESTRUCTUREING WITH IN PCS, REMEMBER THERE ARE ALOT OF TEAMS UPSET WITH THEM AND THEY DON'T FORGET EASY, REMEMBER NO CARS=NO FANS, BUT ALSO REMEMBER PCS WAS TRACK OF THE YEAR IN 06 SO IT CAN TURN AROUND WITH SOME WORK. IF THEY TRY TO RUN TROUGH THE WINTER THAT WILL PUT THE FINISHING CAP ON THEM, THE COST OF OPENING OR TRYING TO RUN THE TRACK IN DEC, AND JAN WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.....IF ANYTHING RUN A COUPLE TEST & TUNES, THESE MONTHS NEED TO BE SPENT PUTTING THE PLACE BACK IN SHAPE AND PROMOTING FOR THE 09 SEASON " GET THAT SPONCER BOARD FULL" THIS HELPS THE TRACK SURVIVE AND PAY THE BILLS, GOING OUT AND DONATING YOUR TIME TO HELP THE TRACK CLEAN AND SPRUCE THE PLACE UP IS NOT GONNA BRING BACK THE CARS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 am

You seem to be in the minority here . I see a number of posts that think " sprucing up " the track is a great idea . And common sense would tell you that bringing the track up to its former glory would only add to its attraction . And that would certainly bring fans and competitors . Everyone who feels they can contribute time , materials , or both to the track please do .
Regarding winter racing , once again , contacting each racer would let the track know who wants to race and who doesn't . One team might be " burned out " many others might not be . Only one sure way to find out and it isn't by responses to the web forum . Its by contacting the racers directly . If the majority of racers want some time off , then the winter months can be used for track improvements .
I agree the track needs clay . Who has some clay ? Who wants to donate it to the track ? Who can help haul it ? Who can lend a hand spreading it ?
Clarence doesn't have the money or the track personnel to take care of all that needs to be done . So whats wrong with the fans and racers helping out ? We all know what the alternative is . Do we really need to see the track close ?
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:24 am

I sure want it to stay open..If it closes than I dont' race.. I am not into hauling my car around any further... PLus my kids have a great time at this track.. I know helping make the place look better is not the only thing that will help it, but if we can try and find someone to help with the phone calling or trying to get more track sponsor's that would great too.. Anything we can do to help Clarence out would be great.. After all he did get the track open for us drivers to have a place to drive aat this year.. Yes some purses may have been cut ,but without the right amount of divers,fans and track sponsors funds will start running low.. So anything we can try and help them with I am in...
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:57 am

OK YOU TOOK WHAT I SAID ALL WRONG HERE.........WE RAN PCS IN 06 & O7, AND A COUPLE TIMES IN 08, PCS "BY FAR" HAS ONE OF THE BEST RACING FACILITYS IN FLORIDA TODAY. "SPRUCING THE PLACE UP" WILL MAKE IT BETTER FOR THE FANS, BUT THE RACE TEAMS DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT, "NOT SAYING" THEY WON'T HELP BUT THAT IS NOT THE PRIMARY CONCERN..... WE HAVE OFFERED MORE THEN ONCE TO TRY AND LEND A HAND TO THIS PROMOTER AND THE LAST ONE, BUT THIS IS AS FAR AS IT EVER GETS "TALK" !!!!!!! THEN YOU WILL HERE FAVORTIZUME, WE HAVE RACED EASTBAY RACE WAY THIS YEAR THEM LIKE OCALA RUN A TIGHT SHIP THIS IS WHERE PCS LACKS IN THE STAFFING DEPARTMENT..... IF I HAVE SAID IT ONCE I HAVE SAID IT A THOUSAND TIMES THE LOCALS CAN'T SUPPORT THE TRACK, THEY NEED THE OUTSIDERS, BUT THEY GET RUN OFF BY THE LOCALS, SO YOUR RIGHT BACK WHERE YA STARTED......PCS WTH THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN PLACE CAN TURN AROUND,COME UP WITH A GOOD RULE BOOK AND RUN STRIGHT DOWN THE LINE AND TREAT ALL THE TEAMS FAIR REGARDLESS OF WHERE THERE FROM PCS WOULD BE A GOLD MINE. SHAWN PURSE MONEY IS NOT ALL OF IT,EASTBAY IS ONE OF THE LOWEST PAYING AND YET HAS THE BIGGEST CAR COUNTS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:00 pm

I agree for the most part with the above statement. When it comes to calling the racers, is there a way you can possibly get on team from each class to be like a rep? That team could call and try to make sure there are going to be cars there for Saturday night. If it's done this way it won't cost the track money and some of the guys out there know everyone so they might be able to convince more cars to come out. Just an idea though.... Also cutting the purses and no trophies for the winter season seems like a good way to cut costs. It's impractical to pay high pay outs during the off season.
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:51 pm

JOHN, JENNIFER IS PRETTY SMART WHEN IT COMES TO RACING!!!!!!! AND KNOWS WHAT SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT BE, I GUESS THAT IS A GIFT SHE HAS. IN THE SHORT TIME SHE HAS BEEN INVOLVED WITH RACING SOMETIMES SHE IS SMARTER THEN ME & TIM. BUT IF PCS DON'T GET ON THE BALL THEY WILL LAG BEHIND NEXT YEAR, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SPRINT DATES OR UDLCS DATES OR ANY OTHER DATES, WHERE A SERIES HAS BOOKED A DATE WITH PCS IN 09 " THIS IS NOT GOOD " BUT I GUESS TIME WILL TELL......
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Donahue Motorsports8 wrote:
SHAWN PURSE MONEY IS NOT ALL OF IT,EASTBAY IS ONE OF THE LOWEST PAYING AND YET HAS THE BIGGEST CAR COUNTS!!!!!!

I never said purse money was the whole problem...Just was mentioning one thing...

I agree with some of the things jennifer has said up there in the postings above

John I was just getting ready to post something like that until I read your postings...Thats what I was thinking maybe someone from each class for calling that way it won't take as long too..
Back to top Go down
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 pm

This whole concept isn't rocket science folks . Its just customer service .
The calls to the racers could indeed be done by a rep for each class . Thats a good idea .
A real live person answering the phone does need to have answers . But when they don't , they should find the answer and call you back .
If Putnam is going to be a successfull track , then they need to do business like one . That means a staffed office Tues. thru Sat . of each week 8 to 5 . That person needs to be doing far more than answering phones . Putting together results from the previous week and submitting those results to the local and nearby newspapers along with a short description of the nights action . Posting those results on this and all other web sites . Making calls to local merchants to line up sponsorship and billboard space , or at least setting appointments for a marketing rep . Working with track suppliers and vendors . Updating and or producing the weekly program . I hardly think the office person would be running out of things to do even in a 50 hour week . And that person could be a member of the family . Paid or not , it needs to be done .
Back to top Go down
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm

And the most important part of this is the racer participation . Do you really think it pays for the local racers to drive right past Putnam to go to another track thats trying its best to put Putnam out of business ? If local cars are racing anywhere else besides Putnam on the same night that Putnam is running those cars then i think the outcome would have to be obvious . Ten more cars on the track each night might mean Clarence can keep the doors open . 50 more people in the stands could very well be the difference in keeping the track open . So yes , i'd say the racers should be ashamed if they race somewhere else on a night they could be racing at Putnam . Again , i'm talking about the locals and the Jacksonville racers .
Because all this is going to take is 4 straight weeks of full racer and fan participation , and the track will be up and running on its own again . 4 race nights that all of the cars that should show up to Putnam do so . All of the fans that have been going to other tracks or staying home show up to Putnam . Doesn't sound too difficult . But it needs to happen or another track is gone for good . If everyone can pitch in and help clean up and return the track to where it used to be , and if the racers and fans will show up for the next 4 shows in a row , i mean all of the cars and all of the fans , then Putnam will be back in business .
Back to top Go down
jackrabbitrac
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 pm

calling the drivers works gis called me to let me know that they were racing several times so it does work. yes i raced all over this year but 09 i will be back full time .i have seen pcs at its best &worst but 07 was its worst this year was a test for pcs and it past but the managment needs our helpto make it the best it ever was . I myself will be in the st. augustine parade to support our track on dec 6 at 10:00 am . the last i heard there were 4 of us signed up to pull our cars in the parade out of 6 positions availible .this is only 1 way to get people to come. you would not beleave howmany people dont know that there even is a track so close to them .in brunswick ga gis i was trying to get people to come .3 car in street stock want to come 4 hobbys . they are looking to come after thanksgiving . we as the drivers want pcs open we need to get together and get the fans in and give them the racing that will bring them back time&time again . Idea
Back to top Go down
Randolph Scott

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm

The parade is a great idea . Let people see some race cars . Maybe even fire up the engines a few times . Probably not allowed though . Its gonna take everyones help to get Putnam up and running . But the end result will be well worth the effort .
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 pm

When is the parade this year? I am painting my car this coming week and trying to get it looking as good as it should. If the spots are still available, I might be interested. If you can let me know, I'll see what I can do, my buddy drove his ministock in the parade a few years ago and the kids loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd   Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd Empty

Back to top Go down

Races Are Cancelled For Nov 22nd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next