Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
Thunderstock tires EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
Thunderstock tires EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
Thunderstock tires EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
Thunderstock tires EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
Thunderstock tires EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

Thunderstock tires

Go down 
+6
Budka64
john114
15sadler15
BKERacing
Beavis
Fast41
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fast41

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-13

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 pm

How come the change to racing tires in the Thunderstock class? I thought yall were going to go by Ocala rules. Did they change theirs? Street tires are a lot cheaper and I thought that was the idea behind this class. Confused?
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 am

Everything is the same but he added that the racing tires are optional
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 am

Where does it say anything about racing tires other than on the right front where the option is an 8" or 10" racing tire? I've looked all over and didn't see racing tires for Thunderstock. If people that have racing tires have whined enough to get the rules changed, then those of us on street tires are screwed (pardon the expression) because even if the racing tires are the same size they can be adjusted with air pressure to get the desired stagger. Street tires will give you little or no stagger. If racing tires are allowed, which I definitely would vote against, then racers using street tires should be allowed to use any size so we can get stagger also. But then that would be getting away from the original intention of using Ocala rules so more cars could participate at both tracks. In closing, leave the rules alone, PLEASE!

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
15sadler15

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 am

This is stupid that u go to racing tires this is suppose to be a cheap class to run when u run against people who have racing tires they can afford them and there are so much of advantage then d.o.t. tires why don't Yall just leave stuff alone. Also why do you tell everyone about tires a week before we race I just went out in bought 5 dot tires bc Yall track was so bad last week and ruin 4 of my tires. This is bs I guess this is putnam speedway for you nothing has change.... One more thing why won't Yall tell us pay out is since we can run racing tires we should get a lot more then every other track. Or u going to slap of in the face with a 150 purse with a shitty track
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I guess I don't have to dismount my Hoosiers from the 22nd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

I know it's still the same day that I asked the question but where is it showing that racing tires are being allowed in Thunderstocks? Thank you for your assistance.

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
Budka64
Rookie
Rookie
Budka64

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 pm

No I guess ya don't 114 and Ocala isn't the only track in the area!!
Back to top Go down
DALTON #42

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Racing tires are way better then the DOTs so we are glad that he is going to racing tires
Back to top Go down
Fast41

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I agree #42 racing tires are better, but my question is why the rule change? The Thunderstock class is supposed to be an "economy" class to race a V8 full size car in. Racing tires are going to put alot of guys out of the game before it even starts. It would be foolish to run DOT tires when racing tires are an option, but its all about who has the cash to buy tires. If he has the cash for tires that are $500.00 a set then I'll bet has the cash for the best money can buy for that class. So there you go, your gonna have a few "good" cars stink it up each week. At least the hard DOT tires sorta leveled the field. I just hope the next rule change isn't a 9-inch Ford, then headers, then where does it end. Soon you will have Street stocks, but the class evolution continues! Okay, I am done venting!
Back to top Go down
DENISE424
Rookie
Rookie
DENISE424

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm

THIS IS RANDY,THIS IS MY WIFES USERNAME ON HERE SO I DID'NT WANT ANYONE THINKING SHE WAS PUTTING HER OPINION ON THE MATTTER Laughing .

FACE IT GUYS FOR A GOOD DOT TIRE THEY ARE AVERAGING IN COAST OF ABOUT $120 EACH ,HOOSIERS ARE $130,SO IT'S NOT THAT MUCH OF A PRICE DIFFERANCE.ANOTHER THING IS OCALA IS THE ONLY TRACK LEFT RUNNING DOT TIRES IN THIS CLASS,NORTH FLORIDA,GOLDEN ISLES,WAYCROSS,NEEDMORE & EAST BAY ALL RUN RACING TIRES,PLUS THE TRACK SURFACE IS ALOT DIFFERENT AT PUTNAM THAN AT OCALA,AND THEY WOULD BE BETTER TO RACE ON NOT TEARING THE TRACK UP AS MUCH IN MY OPINION,HOW MANY OCALA CARS WERE AT PUTNAM FOR THE $2500 RACE I DID'NT SEE ANY BESIDES THE TWO #10 CARS AND THEY EVEN HAD RACING TIRES,SO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE GOING TO SHOW UP MUCH FOR THE SEASON RACES AT $200 TO WIN!.EVERYONE IS NEVER GOING TO BE SATISFIED NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO,EVEN WITH AN OPEN TIRE RULE THERE IS STILL PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO COMPLAIN Rolling Eyes,THERE ARE GUYS IN THIS CLASS WHO HAVE $3000 TO $5000 MOTORS,THATS INSANE, NOW THATS SOMETHING TO GRIPE ABOUT DRIVING UP COAST Wink
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 pm

AMEN!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
dirt digler

Registration date : 2011-01-06

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Why don't yall come up here and run Golden Isles Speedway, the Thunderstocks are just about the same as are Hobby Stocks, we do run 9inch,headers & racin tires but the motors are about the same & they pay $500 to win & only $20 to get in the pits. The track is real red clay & always smooth Wink
Back to top Go down
Fast41

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I agree on the motor cost Randy. The tire issue is what puts alot of guys on a budget out of the racing business. The tires may cost close to the same but, DOT tires will last 5x longer maybe? Real hard to wear 'em out. What about durability? Sometimes you can look at a Hoosier too long in the garage and it will go flat! At least with a DOT tire they can take a beating. Just my .02 worth.
Back to top Go down
DENISE424
Rookie
Rookie
DENISE424

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

dirt digler wrote:
Why don't yall come up here and run Golden Isles Speedway, the Thunderstocks are just about the same as are Hobby Stocks, we do run 9inch,headers & racin tires but the motors are about the same & they pay $500 to win & only $20 to get in the pits. The track is real red clay & always smooth Wink

We absoulty love GIS,And plan on racing there a few times this year,Yes you are right same motor rules,Not that much of a differance in them besides like you said 9" and headers.For the most part we are going to be racing at Putnam,trying to help our local track down here survive and support it....It's really a great challenging track also to race on when the surface is good and we are pretty confident it will be fixed shortly,The new owners are eager to get this track back the way it use to be.
Back to top Go down
15sadler15

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 am

I don't where u buying tires at but they are srewing u hard. I get grand am for $95 also copper cobra just got five for $89 and I was looking at other tires for $67 a tire and it was a copper tire too pep boys and tire kingdom have tires for $67. Also about motors u can't get a good motor built for less then $2000 and that's nt. Using arp bolts avg. Cost to get one built around here is $3000. But who cares bout motor this is about tires
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Shawn, could you please delete the "Announcement: 2011 Rules" since you have the rules on the main page now and the rules in the Announcement don't have the addendum re: racing tires for Thunderstock or could you add the addendums to the Announcement. I've only been looking at the Announcement area because I thought that was the only place where the rules had been posted. Thank you for your assistance.

Bobby Giles

P.S. Not real sure how to do PM's so that's why I put this here.

Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Luke, Where do you get your tires? I paid 120 each for my coopers. Not trying to be a smart a*$ just want to know so if I need to get some I know where to go. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

I THINK RACING TIRES IS A GREAT THING FOR PUTNAM. BUT THEN OF COARSE YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE. BUT NOW IF YA COULD RUN THE GOODYEARS FROM EASTBAY THERE WHAT 95.00 APIECE.... THATS CHEEPER THAN ANY GOOD DOT Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
DENISE424
Rookie
Rookie
DENISE424

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Yeah Sadler15 you probaly can go get a cheaper dot tire at tire kingdom or some other tire stores for around $70 bucks each,see how well they work out for ya,not very good i bet,they are what they are cheap crappy tires.John you are right about the coopers, everywhere I called they were $115 to $125 each,asfar as racing tires you can buy fairly good ones cheap from the modified & street stock guys,you don't have to go buy brand new ones if you don't have the extra cash for them,I buy alot of used ones cheaper than I can dot's.For the motors go I can see spending about $2000 on one and that would be it, but not $3000 to $5000 people are out of thier minds to spend that kind of money on a motor for this class,because if they do someone is screwing them over pretty hard,when I can take a $800 to $1,500 at the max spent motor and be in the front with it,so it's all in what ya want to spend or crazy enough to spend in the motor department,hell I won alot of races and championships with junk yard motors Laughing .I say let's go out there and have some fun,I don't see anything wrong with putnam having an open tire rule in this class,that also gives cars from other tracks the oppurtunity to come race there without having to buy new tires.

Randy Strehle #24
Back to top Go down
15sadler15

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 pm

I have ran the tire kindom tires I ran the cheap ones for th whole season at Vsp I didnt bye new tires intil the last race and the only reason I did bc I knew I needed them to win I won 4 races and would of wont alot more race but I had motor problems at the beginneing of the year if yall can remember I had the first 5 out of 6 races won but I blew a motor on the last lap or a couple laps to the last so dont say the cheap ones are crappy bc it doesnt matter depends on you the track and the car to make it work. Yes you can get take offs from other drives but alot of people dont like to ask for things bc of there pride. to me if you going to run race tires add another $1000 to your motor and car and race in hobby. I really don know why Im complaining bc it dont matter to me bc I know I can go buy the race tires or run door handle to door handle with m dot with the hoosiers. Im just staying ths for the people out there that I know who went out there and got new tires bc they said the was running Ocala rules.
Back to top Go down
DALTON #42

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 am

LETS RACE AND HAVE SOME FUN Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ( TEAM D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F )
#24 & #42
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am

So, since apparently it's a done deal about allowing racing tires in a low-budget class, that brings up other questions. No specific brand was directed to be used so does that mean any racing tire is allowed? Will there be durometer testing? Will they have to be all the same size like the present street tires? Can we get rid of the 70-series and all tires the same size rule for those of us that don't want to or can't use racing tires? Will new tires be allowed or do they have to used racing tires? Yes I know people can buy or get used tires from other classes but that is a limited supply to get them from and the good in the tire is usually almost or all used up (that's why the tire is being sold or given away). Please don't tell me to ask or call the management because I'm already planning to but this is a subject that needs to be out in the sunshine here on the website unlike the surprise way, in my opinion, that it was inserted into the rules.

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thunderstock tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunderstock tires   Thunderstock tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunderstock tires
Page 1 of 1