Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
Speed things up EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
Speed things up EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
Speed things up EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
Speed things up EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
Speed things up EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
Speed things up EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
Speed things up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
Speed things up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
Speed things up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
Speed things up EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

Speed things up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm

WHY WHY WHY does the flagman give the cars so many parade laps? They come out of turn three. One lap is all they need.............Mandate a rule that if they are not lined up by the white flag, they dont race.....Putnam is starting at 7:30 which is crazy to start with. The track will loose fans if they are there past 12. Should be done by 11. Run the show. Get it over with with just a little drama to bring the fans back next week to see whats going to happen. Mad
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

I think you need to take a look at what the other tracks start at too.. they all start around the same time.. I have never seem it only take one lap to line up unless they are already pretty much lined up just like they started..
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
Budka64
Rookie
Rookie
Budka64

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

We need to go to racecivers and get it over with..
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 pm

I wasn't there Saturday for obvious reasons. I do know that it gets annoying as a racer and fan to have a lot of parade laps. Raceivers work wonders for lineups during cautions. Every track I have raced at up here has an official where the cars line up to make sure everyone is in their proper positions BEFORE going out on the track. My "home" track here we come onto the track in turn 2 and go green that lap. It really helps speed the show up. I know the raceiver is an added cost for the racer. It is only about $100 and I think a lot of the tracks down there already run them, so most racers probably already have them. It does cost a little more for the track to go to, but making things right usually will cost money. JMO.
Back to top Go down
Buddy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Beavis wrote:
I think you need to take a look at what the other tracks start at too.. they all start around the same time.. I have never seem it only take one lap to line up unless they are already pretty much lined up just like they started..

Done some traveling with National Latemodels last two years. EVERY TRACK had all classes lined up before the checkerd flag or they started on the tail. One track in middle ga. would not let you race if not lined up by white flag. Most shows ran ok, but biggest problem was not being able to re linup the cars. Waycross had this problem until they went to receivers. Cut an hour out of race time. THis stuff is not rocket science. The Promoter needs to understand that this is a show. Promoter should always be awre of time. AND DO NOT THROW CAUTION FLAG AFTER LEADER TAKES THE WHITE FLAG. IF THERE IS A CAUTION, THE RACE IS OVER.....OVER OVER OVER. NOT GREEN WHITE CHECKER......OVER Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 am

I was talking about the 7:30 start.. Ocala starts at 8pm , North Florida @ 7pm
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
Budka64
Rookie
Rookie
Budka64

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Theres also no reason the next class can't be lined up and ready to go in staging or on the infield for that matter.Theres plenty of room @Putnam to do either one.I think 7pm is a good starting time as well...
Back to top Go down
15sadler15

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:49 am

Vsp and Ocala you line up on the back straight away you pass the flagman one time then you are going green you shouldnt have 2 laps its pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speed things up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed things up   Speed things up Empty

Back to top Go down

Speed things up
Page 1 of 1