Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
PURE STOCK RULES EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
PURE STOCK RULES EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
PURE STOCK RULES EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

PURE STOCK RULES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:22 pm

When are you guys going to update the pure stock rules? It would be nice to have a rule book that was up to date to turn to. You guys changed the carb rules, the 10" RF rule, and the tires. Hopefully this can be updated soon so we have a book with the answers that nobody seems to be able to answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:33 pm

john114 wrote:
When are you guys going to update the pure stock rules? It would be nice to have a rule book that was up to date to turn to. You guys changed the carb rules, the 10" RF rule, and the tires. Hopefully this can be updated soon so we have a book with the answers that nobody seems to be able to answer.

I need to intouch with Clarence or Techman nd find out what has been updated in any of the rules..It is kinda hard for me to update them when I don't get the updated...LOL...I will try and get them this week..I have the week off from work...
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 pm

have fun
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Hey Beavis, any luck on getting the information on the rule changes from Mr. Bill or Mr. Clarence?

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Pure Stock Rules   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Well Beavis, it's been another week. Any luck getting the information on rules changes from track management so you can post them in the rules on the website?

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:18 pm

I am sorry...I had forgot to get it from them again..I have had such a busy last couple off weeks with my mother inlaw flipping her car in the ditch, My mom in the Hospital for 2 weeks so far and then tools being stolen out of my shed this past weekend and dealing with that this week trying to get them back... I will make sure I get them soon..I am off the whole month of April..I should have some time then
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 pm

I hope things start looking up for you man. Sorry to hear about your Mom and Mother-in-law. Good luck man, can't believe you got tools stolen from you, hope you get em back. Sounds like a pretty shitty week.
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 pm

the funny thing about my tools was these people found out I had the Police involved and they ended up returning my stuff at the end of my driveway in the middle of the night and left a note saying I needed to borrow your tools...Thank You.... What a joke...The police took the note to look into it..The 3 tools they took were almost $1000....I hope they get them..
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Pure Stock Rules   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear about all that stuff happening lately. Say "Hi" to your mom for me. Talk to you later.

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 am

I see some of the rules finally got fixed but i still have a couple questions. Here is the update on the tires and the rest of the tire rules:

WHEELS AND TIRES

1. Maximum 8" wheels.

2. Minimum 7/16" studs with 1" lug nuts on all four wheels.

3. Tires must be DOT radial 70 series. All tires must be same size except right front.

Tire Update----Any 10"steel wheel,on the right front, with any 10" tire(optional), that punchs a 40 or more is required.A 1" wheel spacer with large wheel studs is allowed,on Right front only. Max. camber on right front is 3 degrees.
All other wheels may be a max. 8" steel and may run any RC4 8" tire that punchs a 40 or more(take offs recomended), You may also run the D.O.T.s 60 series radials,NO GROOVING OR SIPEING

4. Tires must not exceed 2" from fender wells, except right front.

5. No recaps. All wheels same size except right front, off-set stock 3-4 inches.

6. Right front wheel only-- 10" steel wheel with Hoosier or American Racers Tires with 101/2 max tread width. Must punch 40 or more.

Now for my questions....
1- It says any RC4, I thought it was suppose to be any Hoosier or American Racer that punches a 40 or more. Is it as stated here or as stated at the meeting at the start of the season?
2- It says no grooving but we were told at one time grooving was OK since take offs are recomended. Can we groove them or not?
3-There has been a mix up on the all the same size too. Do we have to run all the same size according to side wall like if we were running DOT's and all the same brand or what? A couple of us have been trying to get an answer on these ?s at the track and go no replies.
also, shouldn't the old stuff be removed so it's not so confusing, like the 70 series thing

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT IS WHAT SO WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT WE CAN AND CAN'T DO......
Back to top Go down
allfiredup 87

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 am

according to what bill told me saturday night was any tire and size anywere, mix and match size's and brand's is now allowed
Back to top Go down
techman
Rookie
Rookie
techman

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm

NO,NO,NO in pure stocks 8" hooser,or am racer, must punch a 40 or more,yes you can mix and match,or you can run your D.O.T.s,be warned this class is called pure stock,and you guys are getting outa hand ,all of you need to read the rules
very carefully,and understand them. Of special interest is the part about the track can protest any car at anytime,for any thing. HMMMM.
Bill Fisher
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:52 pm

So Bill, does this mean we don't have to have all the same size tires? Also, can we or can't we groove our tires? I am asking about the size so I know if I should buy the spares I am looking into getting. Please let me know as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Pure Stock Rules   PURE STOCK RULES EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:29 pm

If you run a mixture of Hoosiers and American Racers, you won't be running tires the same size all the way around. Racing tires aren't the same size anyway no matter if they are marked with the same measurements unlike street tires. People on street tires get no or miniscule stagger difference tire to tire. The racing tires I had on when I last ran gave me 3/4" and 1 1/4" stagger with all four being 26.5 Hoosiers. If you mix brands you'll probably get even more of an advantage. I think if we're on racing tires they should all be the same size (the present rule) and be the same brand (unless you had to replace a flat). Plus I think it would be easier for tech to enforce the tire rule if they are the same brand.

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PURE STOCK RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: PURE STOCK RULES   PURE STOCK RULES Empty

Back to top Go down

PURE STOCK RULES
Page 1 of 1