Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS

Go down 
+2
HEAVYCHEVY01
rickyjr28
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-19

ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS Empty
PostSubject: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:50 am

I would to ask all the pure stock drivers to give me there thoughts about letting us run the Q-Jets or a 500 Holley.

Please post your thoughts on here. I want to call the track and let them know, if all the drivers are okay with it, to see if they will change the rules.

Also i see that a few pure stock drivers are also asking about running racing tires.
Back to top Go down
HEAVYCHEVY01
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:58 am

im up for running the holley 4412 there no advantage in it over the q-jet both the 4412 and the q-jet won races at nfs in pure stock it will help bring the cars from nfs that want to run here when they arent running also allowing the pure stocks to run racing tires
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:02 pm

I don't have a problem with the holley 500 being used. The race tires just seem to be another expense over running DOT though. It would be nice to change the carb rule so we can get the NFS guys out to run with us. You guys can pick up tires easier than changing the carb over. Hope to see you guys at the track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah, Im not running racing tires this year no matter what,,,,,way to much money. I just thank it would be good to allow us pure stock guys to run a 500 Holley. I dont plan on runing NFS this year at all, as long Putnam will allow us to run the 500.
Back to top Go down
jackrabbitrac
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 pm

im ok with it but i dont run pure stock im just tired of everyone want to make the rules fit what they want just that every body complains that tracks change ther rules like there underwear ha ha.
Back to top Go down
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:24 pm

I dont want to make the rules fit me, I thank it works out better for all the pure stock drivers,,,,Holleys are cheaper,,and easier to work on. but Putnam needs all the cars they can get, so they can at least pay the drivers, which I know has been a problem in the past.
Back to top Go down
HEAVYCHEVY01
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:26 pm

good point
Back to top Go down
jackrabbitrac
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm

that is true
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I think if the track goes slick the 2 barrels have a slight advantage over the q-jets....when the secondaries open it puts alot of power to the rear tires and if it is slick that can lead to tire spin that the 2 barrels wouldnt have....now if someone is very good with throttle control that is not a prob....

Coming from up north we were not allowed to run q-jets or the 4412. we had to run the 2G rochester because that is a stock GM carb unlike the holley.

Most people wnat the holley because it is easy to change jets in and easier to tune. which to me doesnt fit a "Pure Stock" I have always thought of the 4412 as more of a racing carb....but i dont run pure stocks anymore.

Another issue with the 4412 is price. you can spend anywhere from $100 all the way up to $1000 do you really want that in a class that is suppose to be cheap?

I have a new q-jet that i might be willing to trade for a GOOD 4412. If someone would be interested.
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 pm

dosh you might be right on the advantage and disadvantage part but that would be the drivers choice to run one or the other. I think if i was running my Qjet and saw that the guys with the holley were doing better because of the spin when the secondaries open, I would go get a holley and be done with it. It is nice to have the option and we really do need the car count. I would like to see more cars out there in my class so it's more interesting for us and the fans. Nobody wants to watch 5 cars go around the track and by lap 10 watch 2 cars finish. BORING. get 15-20 and watch a good race and make it more fun for us drivers. I say the hell with it let em run the holley and leave the tire rule alone, NO RACE TIRES. Racing is expensive enough as it is lets try to keep the cost down as much as possible or alll the tracks will suffer. Times are tough and even when they're not it's hard enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm

You can spend ever more on a Q-jet. I bought a stock 4412 for $320.00.

Last edited by rickyjr28 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spell)
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:10 pm

I know you can spend that on a q-jet...I was just saying that you can spend a lot on a 2 barrel also....If i ran a pure stock and ran a GM car I would rather run the 2G than a holley 4412 as that is the stock carb and it is not really a "racing" carb so the prices are lower. I paid 200 for a top-of-the-line 2G redone by Jet with holley jets in it and it ran better than my $400 4412 that i had to run when i switched from the pure stock to the B-mod. Like I said before this is suppose to be a "stock" class. Rochester is stock on a GM car. Why mess with that...next you will want to run a ford 9" floater in a purestock....then gut the car and put a spoiler on it....then you have a hobby....why not just leave them as they came from the factory? JMO
Back to top Go down
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm

If we leave it stock, then most of us would be stuck running 305's. I understand what you are saying, and yes you are right, the q-jet is not stock. I dont thank Im asking to much, by letting us run the holley. If not i can run NFS, and trust me that is a great track, but after running Putnam, i love the track, it really is a great track.

Last edited by rickyjr28 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spell)
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Just got off of the phone with the track..Come on out and play with us they said... They said the carb should be ok..Come out and talk to Clarence this weekend about everything...
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
rickyjr28
rickyjr28

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 am

thanks, that sounds great. See you guys on Sat. cant wait for a great night of racing........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS   ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS Empty

Back to top Go down

ALL PURE STOCK DRIVERS
Page 1 of 1