Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
Time to clean up EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
Time to clean up EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
Time to clean up EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
Time to clean up EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
Time to clean up EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
Time to clean up EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
Time to clean up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
Time to clean up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
Time to clean up EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
Time to clean up EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

Time to clean up

Go down 
+4
Budweisergirl55
Razpewton
Donahue Motorsports8
black3lives
8 posters
AuthorMessage
black3lives

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 am

I need your input on this if I took over the track. 1 what day would you like to see or race Fri night Sat night or Sun afternoon. 2 would you like to see PCSO as security. 3 I don't know the Shaws but I do know the Millers and I know they are kind of dirty players.but would you like to see me clean up the track image. 4 would putnam county come out and support the track by the way part of the money made would go back into the community supporting kids activities. From what I have heard its time to get Clarence Smith out of racing. let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 am

STAY WITH SATURDAY NIGHTS. SUNDAY WOULD NEVER WORK FOR 2 REASONS #1 THE PEOPLE AROUND SATSUMA DON'T LIKE THE NOISE ON SUNDAY YOU MUST BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR TO THE COMUNITY. #2 MOST HAVE TO WORK ON MONDAY'S AND IF YA STARTED RACING AROUND 3 AND SAY DONE BY 6 OR 7 AGAIN TIME YOU GET HOME DEPENDING ON HOW FAR AWAY YOU LIVE IT COULD BE 9 OR 10 IT DON'T LEAVE ANY TIME. YOU NEED SECURITY AT THE TRACK, THATS A MUST! OK # 3 HERE WE GO....... IT DON'T MATTER WHAT THERE LAST NAME IS "MILLER,SHAW,OR JEFF GORDON" THEY ALL NEED TO BE TREATED EQUAL, WHAT RULES APPLY TO ONE MUST APPLY TO THE REST.NOW IN 06 PCS WAS VOTED TRACK OF THE YEAR WITH 80+ CARS IN THE PITS AND THE STANDS WERE PACKED DON'T TELL ME IT CAN'T BE THAT WAY AGAIN WITH THE RIGHT MANAGMENT. BUT LOTS OF CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE AND MADE NOW!!!! BEFORE THE IS NO TRACK LEFT!!!! AND WHILE I'M AT IT ONE MORE THING, ALL THE "SHORT" TRACKS NEED TO GET ON THE SAME PAGE AS FAR AS A RULE BOOK GOES...... THIS WILL IMPROVE CAR COUNTS AROUND THE STATE AND BE CHEAPER FOR RACE TEAMS AS WELL!!!!!!! THE WHOLE RACING COMUNNITY NEEDS TO BE RESTRUCTURED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN, THINK ABOUT IT, HOW CAN YA GET RACE TEAMS TO WORK TOGETHER IF THE TRACKS WON'T WORK TOGETHER?

BUD
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
Razpewton
Track Winner
Track Winner
Razpewton

Number of posts : 205

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 pm

black3lives wrote:
From what I have heard its time to get Clarence Smith out of racing. let me know what you think.

I think you're full of crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.razpewton.com
Budweisergirl55
Track Winner
Track Winner
Budweisergirl55

Number of posts : 150

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 pm

1. Your best bet will be Friday night - You'll be competing with Ocala Speedway. Or Saturday night - You'll be competing with Volusia Speedway, North Florida Speedway, and East Bay Raceway. Never a Sunday race. If you read back thru this forum, there is a previous post about a Sunday afternoon race that was tried, from what all the drivers and fans have said, it was terrible, miserable, and they would never do it again. And like it's already been stated, you must be a friendly neighbor. There are tons of homes, businesses, and a few churches in the area. Sundays are a No Go.

2. All race tracks have to have security. I don't give a care if they only have 20 cars. Drivers and crews get hot headed every Saturday night. You MUST have security. Even if it's just a couple rent-a-cops.

3. The worst thing possible for anyone to do when/if they take over the track is to start banning people from the get-go. There isn't enough cars to support the track already. Let alone start turning them away before you even get in there. If the track opens and there is an incedent with some drivers, then you SUSPEND them as their first offense. You do NOT bar/ban them. Give them a 2 week suspension. You can bet your ass if they are running for points, that is one of the biggest ways to wake them up. If the same driver gets into another altercation, then you can take more serious action.

4. Who knows if Putnam County would come out and support the track. That's your job to promote the place. Hang flyers in the local stores, get ahold of the local radio stations, give away some free tickets on the radio. Talk to Ocala Speedway, if you choose to run on Saturday night, maybe Ocala will help promote the track by announcing for the fans to go watch some racing at PCS. Etc....And another thing, don't only think "Putnam County" you have to think OUTSIDE the box. Racers come from all over the state of Florida, St Augustine, Jacksonville, Ocala, Volusia, Tampa, Orlando, etc etc. If you just promote in Putnam County, that's exactly what you're going to get, the 20 cars/50 fans from Putnam County.

5. Don't try to win everyone over by talking about the money you're going to put into the childrens' activities. We've heard it all. Just prove it!

6. NONE of the employees should be related to the drivers. No moms, dads, brothers, wives, sisters, etc. Not even working the ticket booths. It doesn't matter if that person is the most trust worthy person out there, there will ALWAYS be talk of favortism because of the family member being an employee.

There. That's my opinion.

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Shorti
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Well said, Jennifer. You mention all good points. Lets hope if this person or whomever in the future takes it over, they read this forum and listen to whats being suggested.
Back to top Go down
RsqU101

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks for asking for others opinions & taking them into consideration Black3lives. I have read what Budweisergirl has said & agree with everything she has said. I just want to elaborate on it a little. I have seen 3 different managers of this track in the last 4 years I have worked here. Some ideas worked, some didn't. I'm not telling you anything I haven't told a new manager when they first get to PCS.

1. Friday night is better. You only have one track to compete against for car count & fan base.

2. Security is most definately needed. PCSO is a very good choice. If the problem gets too out of control, the can arrest the offender(s) on the spot instead of a rent-a-cop that has to call for law enforcement to make an arrest. The only pit-fall I will warn about is showing favortisim & asking the deputies to do the same. The deputies will not work at the track long if you ask them to turn a blind eye to someone who is breaking the same rules you expect everyone else to follow just becasue they are a friend. The best piece of advice I can give you is: Business is business & personal is personal. If you can seperate the two & make professional calls based on business & not personal feelings, you will go far.

3. You can't ban certian people from the track just becasue they seem to be a problem either now or in the past. As a new manager, you would need to give everyone their fair shot. If they mess up, the consequences are theirs to bear. Don't let anyone walk over you. Make fair calls & stand behind them. Make those calls/ consequences the same for everyone. That in itself will give the track a better image.

4. I think Budweisergirl said it the best, think outside the box. As long as you only advertise in Putnam Coutny, that will be all you get. You have a whole state to tap for fan base & car count especially if you run on Friday nights. Exploit it. Anything you can bring into Putnam County will be a benefit for the whole county, but actions speak louder than words. So many at this track have been burned in the past by lip service. You are going to have to prove yourself.

Good luck to you & gods speed!
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm

I agree with all of the above but keep saturdays. That ? was already asked at a drivers meeting and most of the guys said Friday won't work. Other than that, put your money up and do what needs to be done. The main thing you forgot is A WHOLE LOT OF CLAY TO REDO THE SURFACE........... Either way most of us will believe it when we see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
JHO
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
JHO

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 pm

i agree with the clay. I was at the St. Aug mud bogs this weekend and there was (or appeared to be) two large clay hills behind the old racetrack. I don't know if they wanna get rid of it or even if its still usable, but i'm sure its from the 1/2 mile track that is now asphalt. it would be more than enough clay to cover putnam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time to clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to clean up   Time to clean up Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to clean up
Page 1 of 1