Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2006 Hot Chassis modified
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 am by bladez28

» street stock/sportsman for sale
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am by bladez28

» Schedule Update For Feb 12th
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm by Beavis

» Thunderstock tires
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am by BKERacing

» Many Racing Papers 1974 To 2006
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm by bmracer

» MINI MADNESS
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am by CORNDOG 33

» work on the track
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm by Budka64

» already changing rules
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm by Mrs Beavis

» racers auction feb 4-5
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am by workingmans39

» OPEN PRACTICE Feb 5th
1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm by Beavis

1st Annual Run For Fun Race

Go down 
+6
jdub
john114
Donahue Motorsports8
CornDog34
JHO
Beavis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2008-03-16

1st Annual Run For Fun Race Empty
PostSubject: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:54 pm

1st Annual
Run For Fun Race

Sunday – August 1, 2010
2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Putnam County Speedway Park
1009 Hwy 17 South
Satsuma, FL 32189

Open Practice for all Classes: Modified, Late Model,
Sportsman, Street Stock, Thunder/Hobby Stock, 4
Cylinder, Mini Stock

Scheduled Competition Races Running for Trophies
Only:
Thunder/Hobby Stock
4 Cylinder Class
Street Stock

Any class that shows up with 6 cars or more will have
the option of running a competition race (for trophies
only).

Admission: $15.00 per Racecar
$5.00 per person
Children under 10 are FREE

�� Admission is for both Grandstands
and Pits

�� Children Under will not be allowed
in the Pits unless accompanied by a
responsible adult.

Pit Gates Open at 1:00 p.m.
Grandstands Open at 2:00 p.m.

Racing Rules: We will be following VSP rules
for all classes – rule book will be available to
preview at the track or check out their
website at www.volusiaspeedwaypark.com

Safety Inspections will be made on all cars
before they run on the track

New Track Phone # is
386-649-4399
Back to top Go down
http://www.putnamcountyspeedway.webs.com
JHO
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
JHO

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 pm

If this is real its the best news i've heard in years
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes it is real.. I got the phone call the other day and the info emailed to me today..
Back to top Go down
CornDog34
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
CornDog34

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 pm

since there is a new phone number, who runs the track now?
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am

IT MUST BE A SURPRISE!!!!!!!! NO ONE WANT'S TO SAY 1st Annual Run For Fun Race Icon_scratch 1st Annual Run For Fun Race Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.donahuemotorsports.net
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

We should be there. Hope something good comes from all this
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jandmpaintwerks
jdub

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 am

I dont understand charging 15.00 per race car for a practice in the middle of the afternoon when they wont be turning on any lights. leave it at 5.00 per everyone and you might get a lot bigger car count. just my .02
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:31 am

Does anyone have all the definite info on this whole thing? Is it to try to get the track back together or just a ploy to keep the grandfather clause? We'll be there but it would be nice to know what is going on. There are people wondering about this and it makes the difference if they come or not. A lot of us hope it is to try to get things together and hopefully open the track next season or whatever.
Back to top Go down
jdub

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 am

john, it is to keep the grundfather clause. without the zoning you dont have a race track . but again I dont understand trying to make a profit on the racer who shows up to help them keep thier zoning. like I said leave it at 5.00 per peson and see how many show up
Back to top Go down
BKERacing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm

I'll try to have mine there. Couple of questions though. Will the electricity be on in the pits? What is the age limit for the kids in the pits? It was left out of the information up above. Will there be any concessions available for the spectators? Thank you.

Bobby Giles
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Admin
Admin
Beavis

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:49 am

Volunteer Clean Up at the track dates are July 10th and 11th (both Saturday and Sunday) if you can't make it one day, come the other! We plan to start around 10:00 a.m. both days and work til we're tired. Please ask everyone to bring plenty of water to drink (no concession stand).

No fuel or tires will be at the track for our August 1st Run for Fun.

They don't have a problem with anyone from any track coming out for practice - the main tech we will be doing is for safety only. If others want to come from other tracks besides VSP (namely North Florida Speedway) they are more than welcome. They can bring their rule book and we'll look at those rules tool. The competition will be a little more closely regulated, as we want to make it as fair as possible, but i doubt that any of the tracks have rules that vary that much for the classes we expect to run.
Tell everyone they are welcome!

This event is mainly for FUN - friendly competition for trophies only. There will be no payouts for any class, there will not be protests or tear downs - this is for FUN! We are trying to save this track so that it will open up again (hopefully soon) under the current grandfather clause of zoning for a race track

bring coolers too. We are working on a plan for a concession vendor to come to the track to sell food and beverages - we will not be opening up our concesson stands. That detail has not been finalized yet.
Back to top Go down
JOKER 8 CAR

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:27 pm

john114 wrote:
Does anyone have all the definite info on this whole thing? Is it to try to get the track back together or just a ploy to keep the grandfather clause? We'll be there but it would be nice to know what is going on. There are people wondering about this and it makes the difference if they come or not. A lot of us hope it is to try to get things together and hopefully open the track next season or whatever.
HEY GUYS IAM SERIOUSLY INQUIRING ON LEASING THE TRACK AS LONG AS I CAN DEPEND ON A CAR COUNT .IAm a racer myself have 3 mods and a sprint car SO I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE FROM THE DRIVERS PERSPECTIVE !!!!! I HAVE TALKED TO SOME GUYS AT OCALA AND HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION I CAN MAKE THIS WORK . PURSE WILL BE IN ENVELOPES MARKED FOR EACH PLACE AND CLASS ON MON BEFORE WE RACE ALL PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID NO MATTER WHAT .THIS GOING TO TAKE ALL MY SAVINGS TO PUT NEW CLAY AND CHANGE THE TRACK TO YUORS AND MY BENEFIT SO IF YOU ARE INTERSTED PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK AND FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 727-534-2910. IAM TOTALLY SERIOUS AND COMMITTED SO COME ON GUYS LETS RACE AND PUT THIS TRACK BACK ON MAP AS ONE OF FL BEST TRACKS . FOR YOUR INFO ALSO HAD 2 TRACKS IN TEXAS FOR 6 YEARS THAT WE SOLD. NEED SOME INPUT QUICK BEFORE I MOVE ON AND BUY AUBURNDALE AND MAKE IT DIRT
Back to top Go down
JOKER 8 CAR

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Beavis wrote:
Volunteer Clean Up at the track dates are July 10th and 11th (both Saturday and Sunday) if you can't make it one day, come the other! We plan to start around 10:00 a.m. both days and work til we're tired. Please ask everyone to bring plenty of water to drink (no concession stand).

They don't have a problem with anyone from any track coming out for practice - the main tech we will be doing is for safety only. If others want to come from other tracks besides VSP (namely North Florida Speedway) they are more than welcome. They can bring their rule book and we'll look at those rules tool. The competition will be a little more closely regulated, as we want to make it as fair as possible, but i doubt that any of the tracks have rules that vary that much for the classes we expect to run.
Tell everyone they are welcome! HEY GUYS IAM SERIOUSLY INQUIRING ON LEASING THE TRACK AS LONG AS I CAN DEPEND ON A CAR COUNT .IAm a racer myself have 3 mods and a sprint car SO I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE FROM THE DRIVERS PERSPECTIVE !!!!! I HAVE TALKED TO SOME GUYS AT OCALA AND HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION I CAN MAKE THIS WORK . PURSE WILL BE IN ENVELOPES MARKED FOR EACH PLACE AND CLASS ON MON BEFORE WE RACE ALL PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID NO MATTER WHAT .THIS GOING TO TAKE ALL MY SAVINGS TO PUT NEW CLAY AND CHANGE THE TRACK TO YUORS AND MY BENEFIT SO IF YOU ARE INTERSTED PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK AND FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 727-534-2910. IAM TOTALLY SERIOUS AND COMMITTED SO COME ON GUYS LETS RACE AND PUT THIS TRACK BACK ON MAP AS ONE OF FL BEST TRACKS . FOR YOUR INFO ALSO HAD 2 TRACKS IN TEXAS FOR 6 YEARS THAT WE SOLD. NEED SOME INPUT QUICK BEFORE I MOVE ON AND BUY AUBURNDALE AND MAKE IT DIRT

This event is mainly for FUN - friendly competition for trophies only. There will be no payouts for any class, there will not be protests or tear downs - this is for FUN! We are trying to save this track so that it will open up again (hopefully soon) under the current grandfather clause of zoning for a race track

bring coolers too. We are working on a plan for a concession vendor to come to the track to sell food and beverages - we will not be opening up our concesson stands. That detail has not been finalized yet.
Back to top Go down
JOKER 8 CAR

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Beavis wrote:

Tell everyone they are welcome!

Back to top Go down
JOKER 8 CAR

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Beavis wrote:

Tell everyone they are welcome! HEY GUYS IAM SERIOUSLY INQUIRING ON LEASING THE TRACK AS LONG AS I CAN DEPEND ON A CAR COUNT .IAm a racer myself have 3 mods and a sprint car SO I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE FROM THE DRIVERS PERSPECTIVE !!!!! I HAVE TALKED TO SOME GUYS AT OCALA AND HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION I CAN MAKE THIS WORK . PURSE WILL BE IN ENVELOPES MARKED FOR EACH PLACE AND CLASS ON MON BEFORE WE RACE ALL PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID NO MATTER WHAT .THIS GOING TO TAKE ALL MY SAVINGS TO PUT NEW CLAY AND CHANGE THE TRACK TO YUORS AND MY BENEFIT SO IF YOU ARE INTERSTED PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK AND FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 727-534-2910. IAM TOTALLY SERIOUS AND COMMITTED SO COME ON GUYS LETS RACE AND PUT THIS TRACK BACK ON MAP AS ONE OF FL BEST TRACKS . FOR YOUR INFO ALSO HAD 2 TRACKS IN TEXAS FOR 6 YEARS THAT WE SOLD. NEED SOME INPUT QUICK BEFORE I MOVE ON AND BUY AUBURNDALE AND MAKE IT DIRT

Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:57 pm

ANY UPDATES ON HOW THINGS ARE GOING? IS ALL LOOKIN GOOD FOR THE 1st?
Back to top Go down
Donahue Motorsports8
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Donahue Motorsports8

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 am

WELL???????? ANY UPDATES??
Back to top Go down
Mrs Beavis
Track Winner
Track Winner

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:04 pm

It sure seems that things are looking good and rolling in the right direction for Sundays 1st Annual Run for Fun. I havent been by the track yet but have heard theres alot going on for the better......
Back to top Go down
Doshracing
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
Doshracing

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!!

Will someone please let me know what happens...how many cars....who...etc...
Back to top Go down
john114
PCS Drivers
PCS Drivers
john114

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:44 pm

It went pretty good Dosh. 67 cars showed up to run for fun and we had a lot of fun. The track was rough but we all know it needs clay and the weather was a little crapy but the rain kept it cooler outside. I came in 2nd in our class with my carb. breaking up so I gotta get that fixed. It was a great turn out and hopefully someone takes it. We'll see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Run For Fun Race   1st Annual Run For Fun Race Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Annual Run For Fun Race
Page 1 of 1